International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) has, since 1928, been a core leader in the electrical industry and has actively promoted safe products and safe installations. Active members and partners in the association include many diverse groups, including electrical inspectors, testing agencies, standards organizations, manufacturers, distributors, installers and contractors.
The association has a long and recognized history in comprehensive training in and promotion of safe products, electrical installations and inspections in order to ensure compliance with electrical codes and standards. More than 6,000 individuals participate in certification and upgrading training sessions in the U. S. and Canada each year. IAEI training is conducted through the International Office, Sections and local IAEI chapters and divisions. The International Office provides publications, certification testing, and training.
IAEI was incorporated as a 501(c)6 in 1929 in the state of Illinois and re-incorporated in the state of Texas in 2003.
IAEI, as the keystone of the electrical industry, is a membership driven, non-profit association promoting electrical safety throughout the industry by providing premier education, certification of inspectors, advocacy, partnerships and expert leadership in Electrical Codes and Standards development.
Seven Major Objectives
- To formulate standards for safe installation and use of electrical materials, devices, and appliances.
- To promote uniform understanding and application of the National Electrical Code, other codes, and any other adopted electrical codes in other countries.
- To promote uniform administrative ordinances and inspection methods.
- To collect and disseminate information relative to the safe use of electricity.
- To represent electrical inspectors in the electrical industry, nationally and internationally.
- To cooperate with national and international organizations in the further development of the electrical industry.
- To promote cooperation among inspectors, inspection departments of city, county, state, at national and international levels, the electrical industry and the public.